NURSE PRACTITIONERS IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Would a cost benefit analysis support the continued and increased use of nurse practitioners working in a community hospital’s critical care unit compared to physician only patient care as evidenced by decreased operational expenses and improved patient outcomes (e.g. mortality rates, length of stay, readmissions rates, reimbursement rates, HCAHPS scores and PSI 90 Quality Metrics)?
Paper Requirements: The paper must include these topics:
1. Overview of Nurse Practitioners in the American Healthcare System
2. The Role of the Nurse Practitioner in the Intensive Care Unit
3. Significance of the Problem (i.e. shortage of qualified doctors to work in the ICU, more patients who are sicker than
years ago, value based purchasing, etc.).
4. Synthesis of current literature/research (I will upload required research articles.) This section should be a large part of the paper!
5. Pros and Cons of Nurse Practitioners working in the intensive care unit.
Advanced ICU Care (2012). Careers. Retrieved from http://www.icumedicine.com.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2012). AACN scope and standards for acute care nurse practitioner practice.
Retrieved from http://www.aacn.org/wd/practice/docs/acnp-scope-and-standards.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2010). Adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner competencies.
Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/geriatric-nursing/adultgeroprimcareNPcomp.pdf.
Professional college paper writers: #1 Best Essay Writer: Are you looking for a custom essay service to accommodate your specific needs? At study-tutors.com, we have earned the reputation for being a leading provider of original, high-quality essays at affordable prices. Our professional writers will do their best to create a paper you need and help you succeed in studying. Our custom essay writing service is aimed at giving you the professional writing help you need to succeed. If you do not have the time for all your college writings, our experienced essay writer will have your back.
Order Original and Plagiarism-free Answers Written from Scratch
GET ESSAY WRITING HELP!
- Any citation style
- 24/7/365 Live support
- 100% Original
- No hidden charges