Discussion: Quantitative Research Designs
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
In order to find the best information on a topic, not only should you develop a question and search for resources, but you should also know how to analyze the value of the resources that you identify. There are different ways to evaluate resources, such as using the hierarchy of evidence, which you explored in Week 4 of this course. Another way to evaluate resources is to consider the appropriateness of the research design. Understanding how research designs contribute to the quality of a study is essential for being able to analyze resources when conducting a literature review or locating evidence for practice.
In this Discussion, you consider the different research designs and evaluate how these designs have been used to research a specific topic. You also consider strategies for selecting an appropriate research design.
- Review the information in the course text on quantitative research designs. Focus on the information in Box 9.1, “Guidelines for Critiquing Research Designs in Quantitative Studies” located on page 210 of the course text.
- Select a topic from the list below and search the Walden Library to find two different quantitative research studies addressing that issue:
- Caregiver stress
- Anxiety in children
- Sleep apnea
- Depression in college freshmen
- Rural health care issues
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury in veterans
- Health effects of environmental contaminants
- Bipolar disorder
- End-of-life ethical issues
- Alternative medicine
- For each of the sources that you select, identify the type of quantitative research design used, and evaluate whether it is the most appropriate approach to the research.
- Consider the ramifications of choosing an inappropriate design for a research study.
By Day 3
Post the topic you selected, references for the two sources you identified, and the quantitative research design used in each. Critique the appropriateness of the design used and justify your comments with information from the Learning Resources. Discuss the ramifications of choosing an inappropriate design for a research study.
3 + reference
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. (2011). What is high blood pressure? Retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hbp/
Centers for Disease Control and Protection (2011). Fast stats: All injuries. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
Volpe, F. (2011). Correlation of Cesarean rates to maternal and infant mortality rates: An ecologic study of official international data. Revista Panamericana De Salud Pública, 29(5), 303–308.
Experienced Academic Essay Writers: Premier Essay Writing Services.
Are you in search of a tailored essay service that aligns with your precise requirements? Look no further than study-tutors.com, where we have established ourselves as the foremost source of authentic, top-tier essays offered at student-friendly rates. Our adept writers are dedicated to crafting the paper you require, bolstering your academic achievements along the way. Designed to furnish you with adept writing assistance, our personalized essay writing service is meticulously tailored to foster your success. Should the demands of your college assignments be overwhelming, rest assured that our seasoned essay writers are here to support you every step of the way.