The final project for this course incorporates key elements required in your role as an emerging professional in the field of psychology: demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the subject matter of psychology; provide a nuanced, critical analysis of this subject matter; and illustrate the theory’s relevance in the field by defending its use for real-world problems.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
You will accomplish these tasks in the final project by producing a theoretical analysis in which you develop and support a position statement regarding the ways the theory you select fits into the larger scope of personality theory. To this end, you will argue the use of your theory in a contemporary theoretical context. To accomplish this, you will do the following: provide a detailed description of a selected theory using appropriate source material as the basis of your description;
- provide a critical analysis of the theory that addresses the validity of the theory drawing on published research, establishes the contemporary relevance of the theory, identifies strengths and weaknesses of the theory, examines the cultural utility of the theory, and considers the theory within the larger context of personality psychology; and propose an application of the theory to a contemporary issue or
The project is divided into three milestones, which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Modules Three, Five, and Seven. The final product will be submitted in Module Nine.
Refer to the Project Theorists document for a list of preapproved theorists and resources.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
- Evaluate the use of personality theories in published research for validity and contemporary relevance
- Analyze contemporary theories in personality psychology for their changing roles in the field over time
- Defend the use of personality psychology theories by assessing them against alternative theoretical perspectives
- Illustrate the applicability of theories in personality psychology to contemporary issues and different cultural perspectives
- Formulate conclusions on the contemporary use of theories in personality psychology based on theoretical analy
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Background: In this section, you will analyze the key concepts and background of your Select your theory and theorist from the list of preapproved theorists.
- Provide a historical overview of your selected theorist, including relevant biographical information and historical events that influenced the
- Analyze the historical development of the theory based on the context of the Support your response with relevant research. For example, how did your chosen theory compare with the prevailing theory/theories of psychology in practice during this time period? How does the theory relate to the work of earlier theorists?
- Articulate the key concepts of your chosen theory as conceived by the Support your response with relevant research.
- Discuss how the theory is used today, identifying key differences from its initial What key concepts in the theory have changed over time, and how has the theory’s role changed?
- Evaluation: In this section, you will state your position regarding the continuing relevance of the theory in the field of personality Then, you will be tasked with defending that position in a number of ways, including evaluating its current use, defending it against alternative theoretical positions, and showing its value for real-world problems.
- Position Statement
- Develop a position statement regarding your theory’s continued relevance in personality psychology Your statement must be supported with logical rationale.
- Evaluate the validity and accuracy of secondary research using your theory, explaining how effectively it supports your position Be sure to cite specific examples from the research in your response.
- Position Statement
- Evaluate your theory’s appropriateness for a range of cultural perspectives in its contemporary use, and explain how effectively this supports your position statement. Be sure to cite relevant sources in your In other words, how well does this theory make testable predictions about human behavior across a range of cultural perspectives, including those of special populations?
- Alternative Theoretical Positions: For this section, you will select two or more alternative theories in personality psychology and address the following:
- Compare the theory to alternative theoretical positions that are currently used by researchers in personality For instance, how do their key concepts compare?
- Assess the extent to which these alternative positions challenge the validity, weaknesses, or biases of your chosen Be sure to cite specific examples from published research in your response.
- Defend the contemporary use of the theory against the challenges you identified. Be sure to support your defense with relevant
- Apply your selected theory in explaining a real-world problem (e.g., PTSD) or phenomenon (e.g., social media use). How would your theorist understand this problem or phenomenon in terms of its root cause and key characteristics? Be sure to cite relevant research in your
- Assess published secondary research for solutions with the potential to address this problem or Does the contemporary use of your theory provide viable approaches to this problem? What are they?
- Explain how this application relates to the theory’s larger contemporary relevance. In other words, how does this application demonstrate your theory’s potential to advance knowledge in personality psychology?
- Conclusion: In this section, you will synthesize your analysis and discuss key Your conclusion should accomplish the following:
- Summarize the changing use of your theory over time, including how its use compares with other theories in personality How does this theory fit within the spectrum of theories in personality psychology?
- Based on your previous analysis, draw conclusions on the relevance of the theory moving forward. What can we learn from applications of this theory in contemporary research?
Milestone One: Background
In Module Three, you will submit an outline of the background section of the final project. List the principle background ideas such as relevant biographical information and historical events that may have influenced the theorist. Identify the key concepts of your theory. Begin to formulate your ideas on how the theory is used today. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone One Rubric.
Milestone Two: Position Statement
In Module Five, you will create a draft of Section II, Part A of the final project. You will create a position statement of your selected theory and the theory’s relevance in personality psychology today. Make sure to cite your sources. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone Two Rubric.
Milestone Three: Alternative Theoretical Positions and Application
In Module Seven, you will write a draft of Section II, Parts B and C of the final project. This draft will have you begin to compare and contrast your selected theory with the diverse range of theories you have explored throughout this course. Then, you will apply contemporary uses of the theory to real-world problems. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone Three Rubric.
Final Submission: Theoretical Analysis
In Module Nine, you will submit your final project. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all of the critical elements of the final product. It should reflect the incorporation of feedback gained throughout the course. This submission will be graded with the Final Project Rubric.
Experienced Academic Essay Writers: Premier Essay Writing Services.
Are you in search of a tailored essay service that aligns with your precise requirements? Look no further than study-tutors.com, where we have established ourselves as the foremost source of authentic, top-tier essays offered at student-friendly rates. Our adept writers are dedicated to crafting the paper you require, bolstering your academic achievements along the way. Designed to furnish you with adept writing assistance, our personalized essay writing service is meticulously tailored to foster your success. Should the demands of your college assignments be overwhelming, rest assured that our seasoned essay writers are here to support you every step of the way.